Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Happy - that is what they said today!

Hi!

Last night Orange finally fell asleep at midnight but Apple was having none of it- she was up all night with me- not crying the whole time, just scared and sad and awake- not in the mood for a cuddle but also not in the mood to sleep or anything else so we sat quietly and did baby massage, I sang to her, we tried snuggly, role play- you name it, we tried it! It was hard all around but Papa came to the rescue this morning (I had let him sleep so we would not both be basket cases today) and made breakfast and took over for a couple hours so Mama could get some sleep.

After everybody got clean and dressed we went off to the photo store for some shots for the visa immigration. Apple was a champ (amazing considering the neglible sleep she got last night) but Orange did not like all the strangers at the photo store so his Visa pic will look at bit teary.

But apparently yesterday's good car behavior was no fluke- they LOVE being in the car- it is safe and with us and no one else yet you can see everything.

Then back home for some lunch of yummy Mama prepared Pelmeni and peas and then- nap time. Orange was out like a light, Apple, not so much. No nap for her but she did sit quietly on her bed for 2 hours while Orange slept. Papa went in and sat with her and snuggled with her for most of it - but still no sleep for our little one. I know she will sleep someday- but I hope it is soon! I took a nap at the same time- YAY!

More play- we have been practicing our English vocabulary - slowly but surely they are picking up new words. The words for today are "Yum" and "Happy" - both of which came out after a snack of yogurt and rice cakes this afternoon. We had been saying them at meals and to each other for a few days and they caught on easily to what they meant! This is awesome and their vocabulary is growing slowly everyday.

That is all for now- if all goes well we will be leaving Novo tomorrow for Moscow. Keep your fingers crossed!

Love,
us

3 comments:

Unknown said...

GOOD LUCK! We'll be thinking of you. As adoptive parents ourselves, we know it can be an arduous process. I hope everything is smooth sailing from here on out!

jane said...

Now how am I going to explain to them that when you put happy and yum together you get: chocolate?

and... i waited by the phone this morning....

Anonymous said...

Hi you two,

I have been reading your blog to my co-workers for weeks now. I've been on pins and needles through the process. I cannot wait to meet the kiddos (although I realize I will have to as they settle in a bit). Travel safely!!

Kathi