Friday, July 25, 2008

1, 2, 3 breathe, breathe, breathe

Hi All-

So we got to go to the baby home again today! YAY! The babies seem to be just fine - they were laughing and we played pretty hard for 2 hours. Today we brought an apple with us (a real one, not just Apple products) and you would have thought it was Christmas and Easter all rolled into one. Those 2 will sit quietly and read a whole book if they know a "yablaka" piece is coming their way. This was super cute. Apple (the child) was not 100% happy when she came in but soon shed that with a cookie and some water and a new coloring book.

And guess what, she said "1, 2, 3" with me as we were counting doggies in one of the books! YES! These are her first English words. It was, of course, followed by a long conversation in Russian about her hair- mostly I think about her desire for a barrette (she arrived this afternoon with a haircut- a mullet- and neither she nor I think it suits her) but I only got about 50% of that down. And then lots of crazy play with the big blocks and puzzles.

Orange had his first real meltdown today- after being told "nyet" about something. But Aaron was a champ and got him through it with yoga breathing and a time in. And then it was all forgotten and off to play.

For some reason the baby home director is "sure" they did not contract the chicken pox and that it will all be fine. Not sure what inside info she has going on but I can tell you that I am going with this info. I know it could all be out the window tomorrow or sometime before we leave but I just need to believe that everything will happen on schedule and we will leave Thursday, with 2 healthy kiddos, for Moscow! So, everyone else- positive thoughts too please!

We have a long weekend of nada in front of us- no baby visits until Monday but we are going to clean the apartment, go shopping for toddler food etc so it should be okay. :)

Love,
Sarah & Aaron

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! That sounds like a wonderful visit and I glad that the chicken pox front is calming down! You guys will be out of there before you know it! WITH your kiddos! :)
Erica

Anonymous said...

Awesome news on the chix pox. I had the same scare and it was totally nerve wracking. I think you guys are going to beat my record for time in country but it sounds like you're making the best of it!

My time door-to-door was January 27 - Feb. 22nd. I think you've got me beat.

Anyway, I am totally happy for you. I'm sure you're on pins and needles.

From Anne (mom to Cooper from Novo #2).