Sunday, October 19, 2008

Well it is about time!


Okay, fabulous news to report- our children are finally, officially, sleeping in their super fancy, beautiful beds! As many of you know our kiddos were very 'bed adverse' as part of their multitude of bed time related issues and have been sleeping in little 'nests' on the floor- mattress, duvets, pillows etc. We tried everything- begging, bribe, cajoling, demanding etc and nothing could get them to sleep in these darn beds. I was really starting to think that they would outgrow them before they slept in them (and they are usually good until about 8 yrs old!).


Well, in a nod to those who say kids will do something only when they are ready- about 10 days ago Ana just climbed in when it was time for bed and announced she would be sleeping in her bed from now on. We didnt say anything other than "good girl" because we didnt want to get too excited (we have had a few false starts) but here we are 10 days later and she has been in her bed every night! Sasha, who follows her every move, moved up to his bed about 5 days ago. We have the floor around him laid out with pillows because he does fall out every now and again but not recently. :)


This is big in my world- I was OBSESSED with these beds- for years, before we even started the process i knew I wanted these beds. Dont ask- it is just one of those things where you cant get away from an idea of something you want. So, it was a big deal to me that they hated them- I cant say why but it hurt my feelings. I know how dumb this is, trust me. But I am so excited that they are in them now! And, last night Ana asked me to stay while she fell asleep (Papa and I, but the first time she has been willing to have me there so that is something).


Anyway, here is a pic of the beds- just so you can see how loo-loo I truly am. :)

4 comments:

kelly said...

Love the beds! Where did you find them? I'm glad the kids are sleeping in them :-)

Anonymous said...

They are the Stokke Sleepi system. You can buy them online. They rock. They actually start out as a bassinet and grow through 2 crib stages to this junior bed. We had Sasha at crib stage 2 when we came home but he flipped about cribs in general in Russia before we ever showed him his bed so now they are both in the junior bed (as pictured) and all is well. For the cost it is really too darn bad we didnt get to go through all the stages but c'est la vie. They are perfect for our house because they are relatively small in overall size and our kids share a room.

kelly said...

Thanks! I just checked them out, wish I had seen them before. They're soooo cute!

Anonymous said...

Awesome beds! Reminds me of when I spent soooo much time picking the perfect musical toy to take to my daughter in Russia. It was a giraffe and when you wound it up, the head nodded.

Its the only toy I gave her she absolutely was terrified of. and she didn't get over it. After all that planning....thinking it would be an heriloom. ha. ya can't win sometimes. :-)