Friday, October 24, 2008

Up to our eyeballs....





















In craziness this past week!










Here are some cute pics of the kids for everyone to laugh at. :)

Yesterday afternoon our wonderful friend (and professional photographer) Becky Nelson and took a zillion pics of the kids and some family shots too. The kids were all sorts of cute in little 'fall' outfits from Gymboree and I cannot wait to see the results as I am pretty sure they are the cutest little ones in all the land. And, we will finally have shots for the adoption announcements (is there a statute of limitations in how long after you come home that you can send those out, if so we may be well past it) and a Xmas card- I am sooo on it (hahaha, I just am killing 2 birds with one stone). Cant wait to see them though!
I have had early meetings every single day which means not only does Aaron have to get our little munchkins up (something I try to help with most days) but I have left the house long before they awake- which makes them (especially Ana) MAD at mama. They feel strongly that it would be better if no one went to the office so we could play all day together. While this is nice it isnt exactly realistic so.... I feel guilty, Aaron feel stressed, the kids are grumpy- ugh- sometimes it feels like you cant always get what you want - a new feeling for me... Of course, it probably is because i have been working on developing their sense of entitlement- I need them to catch up to the rest of us you know :) and they are quick studies!

I am also dragging my feet on scheduling Sasha's surgeries - yes, they are willing to do a 'twofer' after all so he is getting it from top to bottom, literally with a adnoid, tonsil and circumcision in one. Poor thing- hopefully some day he will forgive me. I think we will wait until we get back from Mexico though because I worry about him not being fully recovered and trying to travel. Hopefully we will be able to do it really quickly after we get back though because mid-december is looking absolutely loo loo in terms of Mama travel so I need to have him mostly healed before I take off on back to back short trips that will have me out of town for a week probably. I cant believe I am already stressed out about a couple 3 day trips in 2 months- life certainly does change when you have kids. A couple months ago that wouldnt even be a blip on my radar yet and now I am totally sweating finding someone to help Aaron with the kids the days I am gone or thinking about them all going up to Marta's or something to help. I know it will all work out and if need be Aaron is perfectly capable of just handling the kids all on his own but I would like him to have some support- if only to make me feel less guilty for traveling - especially so close to Christmas.
SKB





No comments: