Monday, September 8, 2008

What do you mean, control freak?

Hi All-

It was a good weekend. K & C had a great welcome shower for us- I swear- I think the kids now believe that every weekend involves having a party that revolves around them and where they receive presents. Poor things are in for a rude awakening- this was officially the last shower. :) Everyone has been so awesome and supportive - the outpouring of support, acceptance and love has been so wonderful and we are so glad the kids have been doing well at integrating into the family and the wider circle of friends.

Grand Nanny Jaimie has been here almost a week now- her help is so so so great. Aaron and I are going to miss her immensly when she has to leave next week. It is so nice to have someone there who is so great with kids and so relaxed about it- we dont have to do everything perfectly- we just have to make it through the day and everything will be okay as long as all are safe and fed and clean. And, it has been especially helpful this week as Sasha and Ana (and Mama) have been nursing a terrible cold/cough and her medical expertise has been invaluable and probably kept us from an emergency room visit or panicked call to the doctor.

So a few people (most recently Jaimie) have told me that Ana is very very much like my mom, Markell. That is is channelling her for sure. This is basically because she is a control freak and wants it all her way. Unfortunately, I am also like my mom and therefore we have a long road ahead of us in terms of working out who is really in charge (me, of course, but it takes time for her to get this) and is entertaining along the way.

This made me think- I miss my mom so much and today would actually have been her birthday. I wish that she had been here to hold the kids and kiss them and show them how to do things because Queen Markell would have been a fabulous grand mother to my two little ones. I know she 'picked' them for us and that she is watching over us each and every day but I still would like to see her and hear her voice and watch her play with them. Not many people know this but Sasha was actually born while my mom was in the hospital in her coma - I think just maybe she was out cosmically searching for the right family for us and that took all of her energy that particular day- she just wanted to find them and then later she could lead them to us and us to them. Is that super dorky? Oh well, it is what I choose to believe so there ya go.

Later,
SKB

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's not super dorky at all. I sincerely believe that Mom hand picked Sophie for us, and after I mentioned it, and Zach thought about it, he thinks so too. I know it was Mom because she's perfect except for something silly, like she's an Italian Mastiff, not an English Mastiff - when I really wanted English. Everytime I got a gift from Mom it would be that way, perfect for me, except for one silly thing... like blue instead of yellow, or you know what I mean. And that's how I know she's from Mom. Love, Emmeline

kelly said...

I think you're right! It sounds like the kids are doing great :-)

Joy said...

There are lots of times that I think my father who has past away is close by. I do not think that this is weird more comforting.
Joy