Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Long time, No Post






Here are some adorable pics from our Memorial Day jaunt to Saturna with Max and Family. We had a great time and the kids all had a blast. We made our first 'from scratch' cake and the kids all played super well. And also a pic of Nas at the park by Grandma's house- just because I love this shot- it was a beautiful day, she had a new dress she loved and all was right with the world. So adorable!

I know, I know, it has been forever since I posted. It is too bad because I want this to be a record of our first year together - something I can print and show the kids years from now and I am totally being lame about posting often enough for it to be relevant. I guess some posting is better than none - hopefully they will see it that way too!

Okay- what is new:

WE ARE MOVING. It is crazy but we have decided to finally make the move to Bellingham. We have been talking about moving up there for years- our family is there, Aaron grew up there, the houses are big and cheaper etc etc etc. Honestly I just have not been ready. But life being what it is some business opportunities came up that worked really well for us and that sealed the deal. I was already going up 2 days a week for a client and now have taken on a big new client that would mean I would be up 3-4 days each week. That is ALOT of time in the car. So, we are selling our house here and moving up there. Please hope or pray or whatever that we sell our house quickly and for a good price. People seem to be upbeat about it but in this crazy market you never never know what will happen. We have put alot of work into our house, spent a lot of money on structural updates etc and I know we will not break even but I would really really love to come close. Thankfully we have a ton of equity so will have enough for a down payment on a bigger place- as long as everything doesnt go terribly awry. So, fingers and toes crossed please.

The house is going on the market next week - just in time for us to head off to wausaukee so the agent has 10 whole days to show it clean and happy before kids and dog come home. If it could just sell in that 10 days my world would be so happy! We have been looking at places in the 'ham but have yet to see the perfect house. We have seen a couple that are really great but just not "perfect" and I would LOVE to find one we could stay in for several years. Now is the time for that.

We have been talking to the kids alot about it and hopefully they will be okay. It is scary to move and I know Sasha is worried he will be left behind. It is so sad to me. I tell him about 30 times a day that we are all moving together, all hist stuff is going, we are moving as a family, it is a good thing etc. But I am not sure he gets it. Ugh. Nas is more okay with it - on the surface....

Other than that things are all about the same. The kids are doing great for the most part. We have had some sleep problems with Sasha- he is waking up several times a night and needs to be comforted back to sleep. The good news is that this is taking less time - 10 minutes as opposed to 30 so as long as we can go back to sleep it is okay. Of course the frequency has increased to 3-4 times a night which is tiring but we will get through.

I think we have made a real progress in some areas- especially with Nas. She is much calmer at bedtime and that is great. She seems to be more comfortable with the idea of not being in charge. She is still definitely "willfull" at times but that is her testing us, which is to be expected.

Overall they are such a joy to us that it is great - they are so funny and cute together- I am so glad they have each other though at times, like when they fight, I want to throw my hands up and let them duke it out! I think that is probably normal too. :)

I am so excited for our upcoming trip to wausaukee. Of course it was booked months ago and we could have gone way cheaper if we had waited to book our tickets but you live and learn. And it is at a terrible time in terms of move, new client etc but the one thing I learned from Mom's death was you never ever postpone or cancel a vacation. We cancelled that trip to Italy 3 times and have given up on going now that we are parents. That is really too bad and life is short so forget doing something like that again!

That is all I have time for right now. Hope all is well with everyone!

SKB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That pic of Nas is adorable! So are the others, but I saw those on FB. :)
xo-jkc